The Living Arts Center
Online Studio Rental Calendar
Beautiful 650 sq. ft. studio with a skylight, big windows, hardwood floor, mirror wall
Extraordinary, almost panoramic views of the Flatirons
Refrigerator for student use
Equipment, as needed
Yoga mats, blocks, straps, blankets
Sitting cushions, back jacks, fit balls and folding chairs
Massage tables and Shiatsu mats
AV system for sound and/or video projection
What we offer:
We offer a variety of rental options to meet your needs, ranging from the most basic (renting the studio outright), to a fully integrated co-production of your event where we help market your event (with flyers, website listings, email blasts, etc) and manage student registration and enrollment. Because we are flexible yogis, you can choose either of these, or anything in between. Pricing is flexible too, based on the package you want.
Who can rent from us:
It’s our vision and intention to be a training center offering exceptional trainings in an exceptional setting. Trainings that touch on health and alternative health, wellness, healing, consciousness, etc. are in keeping with this vision. If you who are drawn to teach a class or share your passion with a group of students, we welcome your ideas, inspiration and participation.
In addition to training offerings, we have been hosting Conscious Nightlife events since opening our doors back in February of 2012. Past events have included: dance, music, super-food tastings, thought-provoking movies and discussions.
Read on to learn how to make it happen…..
The Starting Point:
Are we a good fit?
Introduce yourself & your work:
We welcome inquiries of all types. Contact our Iris location,
the Bodywork Bistro Living Arts Center, 303.413.1992, or send
an email to the Events Team.
You’re welcome to stop by any time during business hours, best to make an appointment to ensure your visit is during a time the studio is free so you can see all that we have to offer.
We welcome events, classes and trainings of all types.
We envision most of our offerings will fit into one of these categories:
Weekly class series, a series of classes running from 3 – 8 weeks (most likely, but we are flexible on length), same day, same time each week
Monthly class series, classes or events held once a month
Half-day, full-day, multi-day workshops
If relevant to getting to know you and your work, we may request an opportunity to sample a class or experience your work.
At the bottom of this page we have an online application that collects information pertinent to your offering. It includes all of our basic necessities for setting up your event, items such as: event name & description, logistical details, any artwork to be included in promotional literature, and biography content for the instructor(s).
Please note: If you are teaching a movement-based workshop to the public,
we require proof of liability insurance and listing the Bodywork Bistro as an
Additional Insured on your policy.
Reserving the Space
It all starts with renting the space. From there you can review additional promotional services and decide if any of them are right for you. To help with your scheduling process, here’s our Studio Rental Calendar it shows you the timeslots that are already reserved.
Renting by the hour:
$30 per hour during normal Living Arts Center Business hours
(Mon – Sat : 10am – 8pm, Sun: 11am – 7pm)
$195 for 8 hours when paid in full, 30 days prior to start of event,
$215 / 8 hours if outside of business hours
$35 per hour for events that fall outside of the hours noted above
Renting by the day:
$195 per day (based on an 8 hour day during regular business hours noted above),
$215 / eight hours if outside of business hours
$260 per day “exclusive use” rate
(no other events will be scheduled in the space during your rental time, and you can leave your things in the space)
Cancellation fees will be applied as follows if the event is cancelled for any reason after signing:
25% of studio rental if cancelled any time after the contract is signed
35% of studio rental if cancelled within a month of the event
50% of studio rental if cancelled within a week of the event
No refunds if cancelled less than a week prior to the event
Securing your dates:
- Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of 25% of your total Studio Rental Fee is required at the time of application.
- Payment in Full: The remainder of the Studio Rental Fee is typically due 30 days prior to the event (though this depends upon the nature and the length of the rental).
- Planning Horizon: For rentals that are less than a full day, we are unable to guarantee dates beyond 60 days out.
- These are guidelines – the specifics will always be documented in a Studio Rental Agreement signed by both parties.
Promotion and Marketing Packages
Any and all of the following marketing services are available “ala carte” style. Please keep in mind that executing a comprehensive marketing plan takes time. We are willing to work with you under any timeline you have, but to really do this right, we need to start at least 60 days prior to your event.
- Color flyer design and printing – let our graphic artist create a beautiful flyer to promote your event.
- Event flyers posted at all of our locations – Whole Foods Market on Pearl St, Living Arts Center in N Boulder, Spruce location, just off Pearl St mall downtown
- Printed newsletter – listing on our monthly printed newsletter
- Boulder Weekly Ads – placed in Boulder Weekly
- Postering – Event flyers posted in approximately 50 locations around Boulder via Mercury Messengers, our partners in postering
- Postering – Event listing on the Living Arts Center monthly calendar, which is posted by Mercury Messengers
- Email blasts – emails to our internal (monthly) and external (1-2 times monthly) email contacts – over 4100 contacts and growing.
- Facebook – event invites and promotion on our Facebook page.
- Website event listings – event page on the Bodywork Bistro website (will also include a bio for event facilitator) and listing on our events web calendar
- On-line student registration via our website and collecting funds.
This entire package typically costs $150 – $250. We will work with you individually to find the combination that suits your budget and your needs. We offer a very affordable Calendar/Event Listing marketing package which includes many of the above items.
For trainings and events that are especially aligned with our Mission and furthering our goals within the community, we are willing to consider a co-production option, if this appeals to you. Typically this is offered to instructors with whom we have an established relationship.
This option requires the following of you and us, prior to the event:
- Together we reach agreement on the details of your offering, including schedule, pricing and instructor/facilitator compensation. (Our starting point for your compensation is a “workshop split” payment option typically a 70% / 30% split with 70% of the proceeds from the student registrations paid out to you, and 30% retained with the studio.)
- You pay a set up fee based upon the length of your event at the time of contract signing to secure your dates and initiate the marketing efforts. This fee is non-refundable.
- You optionally provide flyers or pay for flyer design and printing. We will provide a very basic flyer if you prefer and sufficient printing to flyer each of our locations (Spruce, Iris, Whole Foods), with a few on hand for take away.
- We complete all the other activities noted above as a comprehensive marketing package for your event.
- We handle the student enrollments (our website and staff handle the student enrollment process, including web-based on-line registrations and phone in registration in advance of the event) or admission and collection money prior to the start of the event.
- A minimum student enrollment of 6 student is required (for the offering to be financially feasible) – at instructor discretion and with mutual agreement, this number may be adjusted.
- Staffing and helping host the event if needed.
Interest must be expressed a minimum of 60 days prior to the proposed workshop date in order to allow us ample time to develop marketing materials and promote the event.
For more information or to begin the process, please contact us:
- You can fill out our online application below
- You can call our Iris location, the Bodywork Bistro Living Arts Center at 303.413.1992
- Send an email to the Events Team
- Stop by to see the space and discuss your rental needs. It’s always best to call first to ensure the studio is available. Any of our Front Desk Staff can show you around, but to discuss details of your event, you’ll need to speak with one of our Events Team members.